- Baseline Assessments
- Management Systems
- Quality Management
- Environmental Management
- Food Safety Management
- Health & Safety Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Energy Management
- Sustainable Business Management
- Management Standards
- Product Certification
- MCS Product Certification
- Bespoke Solutions
- EcoCampus Scheme
In a climate of increasing health and safety legislation and liabilities, organisations of all sizes and industry sectors are now implementing management systems as a framework for improving their health and safety performance.
Failure to take responsibility for occupational health and safety within your organisation could lead to serious consequences. Not only do you risk large financial penalties, but most importantly your reputation could be at stake through public naming and shaming. Why subject your organisation to a criminal record and hefty fine?
Progressive businesses will aim to go beyond compulsory measures and promote continuous improvement on health and safety matters. Managing the health and safety of an organisation can be approached in an unstructured way or by using a formal approach and it can be integrated into their current system, to reduce the burden of bureaucracy.
Choosing to implement a formal health and safety management system will ensure you stay on the right side of the law and brings with it a number of benefits including:
- Identification of legal and other requirements
- A clear structure for authority and responsibility
- Measurable objectives for improvement
- A structured approach to risk assessment
- A planned and documented approach to health and safety
- The monitoring of health and safety issues and auditing of performance
In addition to the above benefits, financial benefits can be achieved that include:
- A reduction in accidents and occupational ill health
- A reduction in stress and an increase in productivity
- A reduction in the likelihood of paying legal costs and compensation
- An improvement in underwriting risk
For further information please download the information below.
- OHSAS 18001 Online Quote Request Form
Health and Safety Management Systems interactive quote form.
- Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) Factsheet
OHSAS 18001:2007 is an internationally recognised occupational health and safety management system standard.