- Baseline Assessments
- Management Systems
- Management Standards
- Acorn Scheme / BS 8555:2003
- AS 9100/AS 9120
- BRC Gap Analysis
- ISO 22301
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- FSSC 22000:2010
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 13485:2003
- ISO 14001:2004
- ISO 22000:2005
- ISO 50001:2011
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005
- ISO/TS 16949:2009
- National Highway Sector Schemes
- PAS 43:2012
- PAS 2030:2012
- Security Codes of Practice
- Sustainability Assessed Scheme
- The TickIT Guide
- Product Certification
- MCS Product Certification
- Bespoke Solutions
- EcoCampus Scheme
ISO 9001:2008 is the International Standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS).
It provides your company with a set of principles that ensure a common sense approach to the management of your business activities to consistently achieve customer satisfaction.
Who is ISO 9001:2008 applicable to?
Any organisation can benefit from implementing ISO 9001:2008 as its requirements are underpinned by eight management principles:
- a customer focused organisation
- the involvement of people
- ensuring a process approach
- a systematic approach to management
- a factual approach to decision making
- mutually beneficial supplier relations
- continuous improvement
What are the benefits of registration?
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact on the organization and its your customers
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
How to gain registration?
The process of registration follows three simple steps:
- Application for registration is made by completing the QMS questionnaire
- Assessment to ISO 9001:2008 is undertaken by NQA - the organisation must be able to demonstrate that its quality management system has been fully operative for a minimum of three months and has been subject of a full cycle of internal audits
- Registration is granted by NQA and maintained by the organisation. Maintenance is confirmed through a programme of annual surveillance visits and a three yearly re-certification audit.
Initial Certification Audit
The assessment process for achieving certification consists of a two stage Initial Certification Audit as follows:
Stage 1 - the purpose of this visit is to confirm the readiness of the organisation for full assessment. The assessor will:
- confirm that the quality manual conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008
- confirm its implementation status
- confirm the scope of certification
- check legislative compliance
- produce a report that identifies any non-compliance or potential for non-compliance and agree a corrective action plan if required.
- produce an assessment plan and confirm a date for the Stage 2 assessment visit.
Stage 2 - the purpose of this visit is to confirm that the quality management system fully conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 in practice. The assessor will:
- undertake sample audits of the processes and activities defined in the scope of assessment
- document how the system complies with the standard
- report any non-compliances or potential for non-compliance
- produce a surveillance plan and confirm a date for the first surveillance visit
- If the assessor identifies any major non-conformance, the organisation cannot be certified until corrective action is taken and verified.
For more information about this service, contact our friendly team today on 08000 522424. We will be pleased to help you.
For further information please download the information below.
- ISO 9001 Online Quote Request form
Quality Management Systems interactive quote form.
- Quality Management (ISO 9001) Factsheet
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS).