Changes to the NQA Accreditation Marks...
The primary reason for updating the logos is due to a change in the UKAS accreditation marks.
The generic management system accreditation symbol shall be displayed as discussed here and shall be used in accordance with the requirements set out in the BIS Publication URN 11/673 - which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
All accredited management system certification bodies (NQA) shall ensure that they, and their certified customers (YOU) , cease to use the specific management system accreditation symbols within the five year transition period, ending 31 August 2014.
1 - Changes to the accreditation marks
- These marks contained product descriptors for the various types of standards for quality, environment etc.
- UKAS has replaced these with a generic logo with the single statement “UKAS Management Systems".
- UKAS has instructed all accredited certification bodies to implement the changes.
2 – Colour logos and formats
- Clients have been requesting colour versions of the logos.
- Whilst making the changes required by UKAS it seemed appropriate to provide colour, black-and-white and reversed-out versions of the logo.
- We also have now provided different logo formats to enable you to choose the correct format for printed and electronic communication.
3 – Improved Logo Library Structure
- Finally, whilst updating the logos, the structure of the logo library and the ease of downloading logos was addressed.
- You can now download a “package” of logos in different formats for both PC and MAC.
How does this affect you?
Firstly, there is no urgency for you to update new logos wherever you have used them.
An implementation plan and timeline for you will/can be agreed with NQA – this plan will be pragmatic and focus on ensuring potential cost and inconvenience is minimised.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail please contact a member of our team on 08700 135145 or email us. To read the BIS Publication URN 11/673 Supplement in full please download the document below.
Supplement to BIS Publication URN 11/673
National Accreditation Symbols - Transition Arrangements for the use of the Generic Management System Accreditation Symbol by Management Systems Certification Bodies.
Download Now [Pdf 37K]