- BS EN 16001:2009
- BS 25999-2:2007
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO/TS 16949:2009
- ISO 14001:2004
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005
- InTouch Automotive
- Latest News
- Legal Updates
- Highways Management
- Manufacturing and Process
- Medical Devices
- Public Sector
- Transport Distribution
- Other Sectors
BS EN 16001 is the European Standard for Energy Management.
It provides the most robust framework for optimising energy efficiency in public and private sector organisations.
Certification to this standard defines an organisations commitment to continual improvement in energy management. Implementation will enable an organisation to lead by example within the automotive industry and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
Who is BS EN 16001 applicable to?
Organisations of all types and sizes can benefit from energy and cost efficiencies through the implementation of this standard.
What are the benefit of BS EN 16001 certification?
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency. (Ofgem forecast energy prices will rise by at least 20% by 2020)
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out.
- BS EN 16001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organisations continual improvements on energy performance
- Organisations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- System Compatibility; BS EN 16001 can be integrated with existing management systems
- If registered to ISO 14001, the ‘basic framework’ is already there
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- BS EN 16001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure.
How to gain certification to BS EN 16001?
- Applications for certification can be made by completing the EnMS questionnaire
- Assessment to BS EN 16001 is undertaken by NQA. This consists of two mandatory visits which form the Initial Certification Audit
- Certification is granted by NQA and maintained by the client. Maintenance is confirmed through a programme of annual surveillance visits and a recertification audit every three years.
For more information about this service, contact our friendly team today. We will be pleased to help you.