A two-day workshop for those new to environmental management roles providing the tools of environmental systems management & understanding IS0 14001.
What you will learn:
- Provide a background in environmental management
- Explain the role of the environmental manager
- Describe the environmental pressures on businesses, including the importance of UK/EU legislation and stakeholder concerns
- Introduce basic tools
- Provide ideas for future improvement activities
- Understand ISO 14001
- Understand how to identify environmental aspects
- Understand environmental documentation
- What is “the environment’’?
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental management
- ISO 14001:2004 and other related standards
- Managing environmental aspects
- EMS documentation and audits
- Carbon footprinting
Who should attend?
- Newly appointed environmental managers (or those who aspire to be) who have little formal training in the environmental aspects of business
- Anyone wishing to make their environmental systems more effective and improve their company’s level of legal compliance
- Understand the principles of carbon footprinting