A single-day course based on current waste management legislation and the waste management hierarchy.
What you will learn
- Legislation dealing with waste, especially duty of care
- Waste management “hierarchy” and waste minimisation strategies
- Waste classification, controlled waste and management of hazardous wastes
- The packaging waste regulation, WEEE and other producer responsibility regulations
- Waste disposal options
- Vetting waste disposal contractors and complying with duty of care
- What is waste?
- Types of waste
- Waste management legislation
- Duty of care
- Hazardous waste
- Producer Responsibility
- Landfill regulations
- Waste minimisation
- Auditing the waste management function
Who should attend?
- Senior managers who need an appreciation of environmental legislation dealing with waste and its implications
- Environmental, safety and quality staff who are involved in setting up and maintaining waste management systems
- Technical and production staff who need an appreciation of how to minimise waste at source, maximise waste re-use and recycling and reduce environmental damage
“The course was extremely useful, very informative and Dr Jones delivered it in an excellent manner. The course material was relevant and exactly what we were looking for, Dr Jones is very obviously enthusiastic about the subject, and this shone through in his presentation of the course, I would advise anyone interested in the course to take it.”
Karen Bradburn, Technical Services Laboratories Manager for Robertson a CGG Co.