NQA IATF 16949 Automotive Transition and Implemenatation
ISO/TS 16949:2009 has become one of the most widely used international standards in the automotive industry. IATF 16949:2016 will supersede and replace the current standard. IATF 16949 is not a standalone quality management standard but is designed as a supplement to, and be used in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015.
This course will give you the reasons for the update, the differences between the old and new standard, transition timelines and implementation guidance.
There are specific differences in IATF 16949:2016 compared to ISO/TS 16949:2009 (customer specifics, product safety, embedded software), and you will need to understand the new ISO high level structure, Annex SL and how to use it with ISO 9001:2015.
By attending this two day course you will be able to identify the gaps in your current Automotive QMS and start planning your transition to the revised standard.
Describe the Key changes resulting from Annex SL, ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
Explain the specific new requirements relating to Context, Leadership, Planning and Support Annex SL
Recognise the changes between ISO/TS 16949:2009 and the new clauses 4 – 10 of IATF 16949:2016
Apply concepts such as risk based thinking
Identify the changes in Automotive QMS specific requirements as a result of transitioning from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016
Employ the new concepts:
- Integration of CSR's
- Product Safety
- Embedded Software
- Auditor Competency
- Manufacturing Feasibility
Transition Planning & Gap Analysis
Who should attend
Anyone involved in planning, implementing or supervising an IATF 16949:2016 transition, as well as internal auditors who need to understand the changes resulting from the transition to IATF 16949:2016. Note, this course is designed for those who are involved in transition and is not a full IATF 16949:2016 Introduction course.
Anyone already familiar with ISO/TS 16949:2009 and wants to find out about IATF 16949:2016.
Why choose NQA training?
- Expert trainers – All of our trainers have a wealth of experience and expertise in their field and are eager to pass this onto you in an effective way that you can take away and utilise.
- Quality assured – Our trainers are assessed by delegates both annually and after each course. 99% of attendees scored overall trainer delivery, skills and knowledge as good or very good.
- Interactive learning – We see the importance of practical and hands on learning so we have built this into all of our courses to further deepen your knowledge and engagement.
- Small class sizes – Our courses all have a maximum of 12 delegates to ensure you are getting the best learning experience possible.
- A learning journey – We offer a step-by-step training journey to help you improve over time. From introduction courses all the way up to our lead auditor training. We are always developing new training to keep up with the changing world of ISO standards.
Get in touch
To discuss your training requirements call now on 0800 052 2424 or email us via our contact form choosing 'training' as your enquiry type.