ISO 45001 Migration Anniversary
Throughout this period organizations looking to move over to the new standard from OHSAS 18001 will need to make changes to their current management system.
One year down
Today marks the one year anniversary and it’s surprising how quickly it’s flown by. There are now only two years left to migrate and any organizations wishing to implement the new standard should start the process now!
Over the last 18 months NQA has produced a range of information about the standard which is now aligned with other ISO standards through the Annex SL structure, including a number of webinars. NQA has also created documents and videos to help companies compare their existing system against the old version to assist in the identification of changes required.
Hopefully by now you will have started your journey to migrate before the March 2021 deadline so that you can ensure it is conducted in an efficient, controlled and timely manner rather than a last minute scramble.
- Familiarise yourself with the migration timeline and when you need to act by
- Purchase a copy of the standard and understand its requirements in relation to your business
- Download our GAP ANALYSIS document to walk you through the changes
- Download our IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE to help you put it into place
- Watch our videos discussing the clauses and differences between standards
- Take a look through some FAQs and our handy blogs which go into more depth
- Ask us about bringing a consultant on board to aid you from start to finish
Please be aware that top management need to be much more involved in the Health & Safety processes than in the previous standard and need to understand their new obligations and must be prepared to evidence leadership, in addition to management, of their management system.
Organizations that have started their migration or even completed it well done – it is never too early to be prepared. Organizations that have not yet started to transition, we urge you to begin this process now, to ensure a smooth and efficient transition to the 2018 standard.