Welcome ISO 45001:2018 - it's finally here!
Health & safety professionals and organizations all over the world have been eagerly awaiting the publication of the final ISO 45001 standard. The new standard is intended to be applicable to any organization irrespective of size, type and nature and all of its requirements are designed to be integrated into a business’s own pre-existing management processes.
Well it's here and now what?
Firstly - don't be afraid of this new standard – even though it is completely new, it builds on established foundations of BS OHSAS 18001. The structure of this new standard will be familiar to those of you who use the 2015 revision to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 – Annex SL.
If you have certification to OHSAS 18001 you will need to migrate to ISO 45001
to maintain the validity of certification.
NQA has recently been involved in an IOSH round table discussion on ISO 45001 and what it can mean to subscribing organizations. The discussion centred on context, leadership and consultation and participation of the workers within the development and functioning of the management system. We will be writing blog articles over the next few months to ensure we support you with further information on these subjects.
The new standard has been designed to help companies achieve the following:
- Identify workplace hazards and implement effective preventive controls
- Prevent injury and ill-health among your workforce
- Reduce lost time accidents therefore cost saving
- Evaluation of compliance with legislative requirements
- Improves the safety culture
- Identify areas for training and competency requirements
- Improve productivity
- Assist with pre-qualification processes from your customers
- Promote corporate responsibility
How we can help you?
Firstly we are here to help and support new and existing clients every step of the way. You can find more information about this new standard and the differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 here:
Get a copy of our ISO 45001 gap guide - download here for free
Book a place on one of our Nationwide ISO 45001 training courses - book online here
Register for our next live webinar with technical expert Terry Fisher - register for free here
Book a gap analysis with NQA to see what you need to do - get in touch with us here
- Get an idea of the costs of certification - use our free online quick quote tool here
ISO 45001 Useful Timeline