At NQA we view our relationship with our customers as a partnership. We take pride in providing the best people, processes and programs to help your organization stand out from the crowd.
Our People are the key factor in our success, as evidenced by our 97% customer retention rate. Your NQA Client Support Representative will be your point of contact for everything that you do with NQA; from setting up your audits to issuing your certificate, your CSR will help you in every way.
Your NQA Auditor will help you and your employees to be at ease during an audit, while still providing you with excellence in their audit approach. NQA has been working with small businesses for more than 20 years. We understand the need to provide an auditor that knows the small business environment.
ISO STANDARDS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
In smaller organizations, an ISO-compliant management system can be a critical advantage when competing for new business or managing the challenges of growth. All ISO standards are based on a cycle of continuous improvement, in which benchmarks evolve to meet changing needs and goals.
ISO publishes a diverse set of standards, many of which can be useful to smaller businesses. These include:
- ISO 9001: ISO 9001 is a generic quality management system that can be applied broadly to any business. It is a globally recognized standard that can help you move into new markets and improve your reputational standing with customers and other stakeholders. Use it to enhance quality control and overall customer satisfaction, streamline workflows, manage risk more effectively, and simplify auditing and other regulatory compliance issues.
- ISO 14001: Waste and high operating costs are problems many small businesses can’t afford. Add to that the risk of noncompliance with environmental regulations and it is clear why ISO 14001 is such a useful standard. ISO 14001 outlines best environmental management practices and gives small businesses tools to mitigate waste production without sacrificing productivity. Use ISO 14001 to identify clear environmental goals and set achievable waste reduction targets that help you run a leaner and more profitable business.
- ISO 50001: Waste reduction is only one component of environmental management for small businesses. ISO 50001 focuses specifically on energy-efficiency, giving you tools to reduce consumption from the ground up. As a smaller business, it’s easier to make changes today that will both save you money, reduce your carbon footprint and position you to grow in a responsible, sustainable manner. If you’re currently ISO 14001-certified, you already have the framework in place to meet ISO 50001 requirements. Contact NQA directly to learn more about the gap analysis process.
- ISO 18001: The cost and long-term reputational damage of even a minor on-the-job accident can be fatal for smaller businesses. For this reason alone, having an appropriate health and safety management system in place is critical. ISO 18001 and the forthcoming ISO 45001 are both extremely valuable health and safety management systems that can be implemented by any small business. With them, it is easy to identify workplace hazards, mitigate risks, avoid lost productivity and establish an overall culture of safety in your organization.
- ISO 27001: While high profile hacks against major corporations attract the most media attention, small businesses – particularly those that don’t have adequate policies in place to protect against them – are increasingly becoming the target of choice for hackers. ISO 27001 aids with asset protection and regulatory compliance by giving organizations of any size a framework for implementing a more proactive cybersecurity management system. Use ISO 27001 to keep your intellectual property and private data safe, minimize downtime and loss when an incident does occur, and implement a continuous improvement system for managing future risks.
Whatever industry you’re in, whether your organization has 10 employees or 100, compliance with any of the above management systems can help you distinguish your operation from the competition, control costs and enjoy a number of other important benefits.
NQA works with small businesses to simplify the audit and registration processes for a wide range of ISO and related standards. Read on to learn more about our service packages, or contact our office directly to get started today.
Our process is perfect for small businesses like yours. We understand your unique needs and work to help you achieve registration through our non-bureaucratic audit approach, focusing on the requirements as they are relevant to your business, not just by going through a checklist.
Registration starts with a two-part initial visit (Stage 1 & 2) to review your documentation and speak with your staff. This ensures that the primary processes and resources have been identified and documented correctly.
Following the successful initial visits, we will recommend you for registration and issue your certificate! We will then return each year to ensure that things are on track.
Our program gives small business like yours the level of service and flexibility you need and want from a trusted partner.
Choose one of our two Small Business Programs:
“Simply Certified” Package Includes:
- Initial Registration Audit
- First Surveillance Audits
- Triennial Reassessments
“Competitive Edge” Package Includes:
- Pre-Assessment Audit (Gap Analysis)
- Initial Registration Audit
- Annual Surveillance Audits
- Triennial Reassessments
Get Started Today!
To receive a quote, complete the NQA online Request for Quotation or give us a call. Get all of your questions answered, choose the package that works best for you, and then you’re ready to go!