Food Safety System Certification 22000 is an ISO-based, internationally accepted certification for auditing and certification of food safety.
Helps You With
FSSC 22000 has been developed for the certification of food safety systems of the organizations in the food chain which process or manufacture animal products, perishable vegetal products, products with a long shelf life and (other) food ingredients like additives, vitamins and bio-cultures and food packaging manufacturing.
What is ISO FSSC 22000?
Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) is a robust, ISO-based, internationally accepted certification scheme for auditing and certification of food safety in the whole supply chain. FSSC 22000 uses the existing standards ISO 22000, ISO 22003 and technical specifications for sector PRPs, which were developed through a wide and open consultation with a large number of related organizations
ISO 22000 combines and supplements the core elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP to provide an effective framework for the development, implementation and continual improvement of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS). ISO 22000 can be used by any organization directly or indirectly involved in the food chain including:
- Farms, fisheries and dairies
- Processors of meats, fish and feed
- Manufacturers of bread and cereals, beverages, canned and frozen food
- Food service providers such as restaurants, fast food chains, hospitals and hotels and mobile caterers
- Supporting services including food storage and distribution and suppliers of food processing equipment, additives, raw materials, cleaning and sanitizing products, and packaging.
In summary, part or all of the ISO 22000 requirements will apply to any products that contacts the food industry or the food chain.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Customer satisfaction – through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements including quality, safety and legality
- Reduced operating costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Operational efficiencies – by integrating pre-requisite programs (PRP’s & OPRP’s), HACCP with the Plan-Do-Check-Act philosophies of ISO 9001 to increase the effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System
- Improved stakeholder relationships – including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance – by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers and testing compliance through internal audits and management reviews
- Improved risk management – through greater consistency and traceability of product
- Proven business credentials – through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business – particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply.
Help customers to find your organization
Once registered, your organization will be listed in the Foundations database, a list of certified organizations. The web site can be found at www.FSSC22000.com. This database is regularly used by customers looking to validate an organization’s certification.
How NQA Can Help
With a wealth of experience providing accredited management systems certifications, NQA is ideally placed to partner with you to meet customer requirements and exceed industry expectations.
Technical committees and industry relationships. NQA is highly involved in a wide variety of industry committees and standards writing teams, helping us to maintain a keen awareness of changes within this industry.
Knowledge transfer supporting our customer’s organizational strategy. NQA is committed to ensuring customer awareness regarding changes in industry strategy, regulations, and standard requirements that may impact your management system approach.