Transferring your Certification
As consumers, we always try to shop around to ensure we are getting the best deal possible prior to making a large purchase. Working in the certification industry is no different, and you should ensure that you not only get along with your certification body but that you are happy with the service they are providing.
If you aren't happy with your current certification body, the good news is that it's always possible to transfer. At NQA, we've created a guide to help you understand the logic and process behind the transfer of certification. Read on to learn why you might transfer your certification and how NQA handles the transfer process.
Reasons To Transfer Your Certification
There are a number of reasons an organization might want to transfer their certification to another certification body. Here are a few of the most common motivating factors:
- Poor Service - The majority of clients that transfer to NQA tell us that it is because they are not happy with the approach or the service they currently receive from their existing provider. As a client of an organization, you should be completely satisfied with the level of service and approach being taken to your certification and so this is a completely acceptable reason to transfer.
- Multiple Standards With Different CBs - We often see organizations with multiple standards that are certified by different CBs in different areas. If this sounds like your organization, you may wish to consider transferring standards to one certification body, as this can improve the organization of audits, increase efficiency and reduce costs and travel time. Integrating standards could also mean a reduction in the time it takes to maintain them.
- Re-Tendering - If your organization is a large, multi-site organization or a public sector organization, it is quite often a requirement that any outsourced work or external work is tendered at the end of each contract. At NQA, we keep our eyes open for any certification work on many tendering portals to ensure we give ourselves the best chance of supporting your organization through the transfer process.
- Parent Organization Pressure - If you are part of a larger parent organization, you may be subject to pressure from that parent organization on the certification body you choose and may have to fall in line with their certification choices. This is another reason many organizations transfer their certifications.
Which Standards Can Be Transferred?
Whether you've decided to transfer your certifications due to pressure from a parent organization or a desire to receive the value you expect from a certification body, you need to find a new partner capable of handling all the certifications you hope to transfer.
Most standards can be transferred easily. At NQA, for example, we can help you transfer your certification to a number of ISO standards such as:
- ISO 9001 (Quality)
- ISO 14001 (Environment)
- ISO 50001 (Energy)
- ISO 45001 (Health & Safety)
- ISO 22000 (Food Safety)
- ISO 27001 (Information Security)
- ISO 55001 (Asset Management)
You may be able to transfer your certification to other standards, as well. However, remember that some certification bodies charge cancellation fees. It's a good idea to carefully check your agreement with your certification body before attempting to transfer.
Why Transfer To NQA?
At NQA, we believe you deserve to work with an accredited certification body that will deliver value by identifying areas for improvement and providing straightforward support to the needs of your industry and organization. Here are some of the benefits you can expect when you transfer your certification to NQA:
- Competitive pricing: At NQA, we continually monitor the market to ensure our pricing is competitive and fair. We keep pricing transparent, so you can make a decision without encountering hidden fees.
- Practical advice: The certification process can be technical and complicated. We can help you understand the requirements of certification by offering clear explanations and practical, actionable advice.
- Flexible learning: We offer flexible modes of instruction so your team can gain the technical skills necessary for certification. Choose online, classroom or in-house courses to best suit your organization's needs.
- Local feel: Though we are a certification body with global reach, we bring a local feel to what we do. This allows us to respond to changes in your industry and organization while retaining the technical rigor and integrity of accredited certification.
How To Transfer Your Certification
If you've decided to transfer your certification to another CB, we hope you'll consider NQA. We work hard to make the transfer process as simple as possible. To transfer your certification and get started with NQA, follow these steps:
- Review your existing certification agreement and decide which certifications you want to transfer.
- Contact the NQA team and provide the information required for a certification transfer.
- Approve your quote for transfer and ongoing certification.
- Work with NQA as we conduct a pre-transfer review. This will take place offsite unless you have outstanding non-conformities open with your current certification body.
- Receive your new certificate from NQA. This will align with your existing certification dates.
After you transfer your certification, NQA will inform your current certification body and perform regular audits to ensure continued system compliance. If you need to transfer IATF 16949 (Automotive) or AS91XX (Aerospace) certification, please reach out to us for more information, since the transfer process for these standards is a little different.
The entire transfer process can be completed in as little as one week.
Get Started With NQA Today
Transferring your certification is simple and poses no risk to the validity of your certificate providing you meet set criteria.
If you are thinking about transferring some or all of your certification to NQA, feel free to reference our practical guide to ensure you understand the process and are prepared for the questions you may get asked. When you're ready to get started, reach out to NQA. Our sales representatives would be happy to assist you.