The AS series of standards are the quality management system standards applicable to companies that supply to the aerospace and defense industries.
Helps You With
To satisfy its customers, the aerospace industry must continually provide safe and reliable products on time and at a reasonable cost that meet or exceed customer and regulatory authority requirements. This must be done while integrating products sourced from global suppliers and delivering goods to multiple customers who have varying quality requirements. So to ensure consistency, a family of aerospace quality management system standards was developed.
What is the AS Series?
The AS series of standards is the quality management systems standard applicable to companies that supply to the aerospace and defense industries. These standards incorporate all of ISO 9001 with additional industry specific requirements for aerospace. NQA offers all three of the AS series of standards:
- AS 9100 is for organizations that design and manufacture products for the aerospace industry including parts, components and assemblies.
- AS 9110 is for repair stations and is based on AS 9100 but adds specific requirements that are critical for the maintenance of commercial, private, and military aircrafts.
- AS 9120 is for stockists and distributors of parts to manufacturers that supply the aerospace industry. This standard addresses the chain of custody, traceability, stock control and availability of records.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Customer satisfaction. Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements.
- Improved stakeholder relationships. Improve the perception of your organization with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Improved risk management. Gain a greater understanding of organizational risks; focus on consistency and traceability of products to help prevent problems.
- Proven business credentials. Independent verification against recognized standards speaks volumes.
- Open doors to win more business. Procurement specifications often require certification as a prerequisite for suppliers to be able to do business in the Aerospace Industry.
- Access to large OEM’s. All companies registered to an Aerospace standard are listed in the OASIS database.
Changing Aerospace Industry Landscape and Customer Needs
The industry landscape is always changing. These changes have impacts to your customer needs and require the evolution of your management system. Considerations include:
- Changing Regulatory Needs
- Global Outsourcing
- Evolving Customer Requirements
- Shorter Delivery Deadlines
- Integrity Threats in the Supply Chain
- Flow Down of Requirements to the Lowest Levels of the Supply Chain
How NQA Can Help
Technical committees and industry relationships. NQA is highly involved in a wide variety of industry committees and standards writing teams, helping us to maintain a keen awareness of changes within this industry. These committees include the International Americas Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and the Americas Aerospace Quality Group (AAQG).
Knowledge transfer supporting our customers’ organizational strategy. Recognized world-wide as “THE Aerospace Certification Body,” NQA is committed to ensuring customer awareness regarding changes in industry strategy, regulations, and standard requirements that may impact your management system approach. Satisfied customers include The Boeing Company, NASA, L-3 Communications, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Cessna, and the European Space Agency.