Framework for the Setting of EcoDesign Requirements
This Regulation establishes eco-design requirements for the placing on the market and/or putting into service of:
- air heating products with a rated heating capacity not exceeding 1MW;
- cooling products and high temperature process chillers with a rated cooling capacity not exceeding 2MW; and
- fan coil units.
What is the new legislation: Regulation (EU) 2281/2016
Who does this affect: Europe, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
When does this change take place: 1st January 2017
Air heating product" means a device that:
- incorporates or provides heat to an air-based heating system;
- is equipped with one or more heat generators;
- may include an air-based heating system for supplying heated air directly into the heated space by means of an air-moving device.
"Heat generator" means the part of an air heating product that generates useful heat using one or more of the following processes:
- the combustion of liquid or gaseous fuels;
- the Joule effect, taking place in the heating elements of an electric resistance heating system;
- by capturing heat from ambient air, ventilation exhaust air, water or ground heat sources and transferring this heat to the air-based heating system using a vapour compression cycle or a sorption cycle.
"Cooling product" means a device that:
- incorporates or provides chilled air or water to an air-based cooling system or water-based cooling system; and
- is equipped with one or more cold generators.
The full text of the Regulations may be found here.